In a rush for dinner, or are guests coming over for the game and you have chicken wings but they’re not thawed? Yes, you can cook frozen chicken wings in air fryer, and this easy air fryer wings recipe will have your taste buds singing! With minimal prep time, this dish is perfect for busy weeknights or when you’re entertaining guests.
This post may include Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
The combination of spices creates a flavorful crust that pairs perfectly with the juicy, tender chicken inside. Plus, air frying provides a healthier alternative to traditional deep-frying methods without sacrificing any of the flavor. Get ready to enjoy some tasty wings in no time!
🍲 Weeknight dinner panic
It was a Thursday night, and I was about to start dinner for us when I realized the worst – I had forgotten to thaw the chicken wings! I pulled them out of the freezer, and there they were, a frozen block in the package. Sound familiar?
So was it eggs for dinner or how creative could I get? Was there a way to cook wings safely without thawing?
Then the answer appeared in front of me – an air fryer! Yep, frozen chicken wings in air fryer. It takes a couple of steps, but it’s still a super quick and simple way to get juicy flavorful chicken wings on the table for family and friends. Phew! A life-saver!!
🤔 Can you put frozen chicken in an air fryer?
My first question was of course, is it safe? Can you put raw frozen chicken in an air fryer?
The answer is yes! It is safe to cook frozen chicken wings in an air fryer because you first thaw them quickly with the hot air circulation of the air fryer. After that you prep and cook the seasoned wings.
🙋♀️ Are air fryer frozen chicken wings low carb or keto?
Definitely! Air fryer frozen chicken wings can easily be keto friendly or low carb depending on the marinade used. Follow this recipe, then the main thing to look out for is the dipping sauce. As long you make or find a good sugar free Buffalo, BBQ, or even teriyaki sauce, you should be in good shape.
📏 Nutritional information: macros for my frozen chicken wings in air fryer
Let’s take a look at the macros. In this recipe for air fryer frozen wings, one serving is 1/4 of a pound of wings, about 3-4 drumettes or wingettes per serving. I like to use the drumettes, and a serving has 243 calories, 20 grams of protein, 18 grams of fat, and 0 grams carbs per serving.
These macros for chicken wings are figured with MyFitnessPal, with the ingredients I use in the recipe. I always recommend figuring out your own with the exact ingredients you use. You’ll also want to add any extra dipping sauce you use. It’s especially important to determine your own if you’re keeping close track and want to be accurate.
🍽 Equipment needed to make frozen chicken wings in air fryer
Well, it hopefully goes without saying, you’re going to need an air fryer for this recipe.
I like to use my Ninja Foodi air fryer, and there are all kinds of air fryers now, but most any air fryer brand should work. You won’t need any other special equipment for the air fryer other than the air fryer basket.
- measuring cups and spoons
- cutting board
- air fryer
- air fryer basket
- silicone tongs
- small bowl
- whisk and/or spatula
🥘 Ingredients in low carb air fryer frozen chicken wings
Frozen Chicken Wings
Look for organic, fresh chicken wings with no added preservatives or hormones. Make sure they are high-quality, free-range, and antibiotic-free. Personally, I generally buy my chicken from ButcherBox because value the quality and the fact it’s delivered right to my door.
Look for a brand that is all natural, fresh, and without any added sugar, chemicals, or other unnecessary ingredients.
Garlic Powder (or Granules)
When selecting garlic powder (or granules), look for an organic version that is free from artificial colors and flavors.
Select a coarse sea salt with no additives to bring out the flavor of the dish. Or I also like to use Redmond Sea Salt.
Ground Black Pepper
Choose a good freshly ground pepper in order to maximize the flavor and aroma in your recipe.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Opt for an extra virgin olive oil with a robust flavor profile, as this will enhance the taste of the dish significantly.
Hey there! This air fryer frozen chicken wings recipe is absolutely delicious and so easy to make. Start by preheating your air fryer to 390°F. Then place the frozen chicken wings in an even layer or if you have a block like mine, lay it flat in the preheated basket.
🥵 Air fry frozen wings: cook time 1
Cook them for 10 minutes to start.
This will defrost the wings without having to wait for them to thaw out naturally. Yes, do a little dance!
Once they are done, carefully remove them from the basket with silicone tongs and place them into a bowl to drain off any excess liquid that has formed during the cooking time. Don’t forget to drain any liquid from the air fryer too!
Next, you’ll need a separate bowl where you can whisk together some smoked paprika, garlic powder (or granules), salt, and ground black pepper until combined. Drizzle extra virgin olive oil over these spices and whisk until fully incorporated – this will create a tasty spice mixture/marinade for our wings!
Poor this mixture over the chicken wings in the bowl, mix until evenly coated on all sides with the spices and oil mixture, then place everything back into your air fryer basket in an even layer.
🔥 Frozen wings in air fryer? Cook time #2
After they’ve had their initial thaw in the air fryer and are prepped with spices, cook for 10-15 minutes or until they reach an internal temperature of 165°F when tested with a meat thermometer. Be sure to test in the thickest part of each wing piece without touching bone or gristle.
Once you have fully cooked frozen wings, remove the yummy air fried chicken wings from the air fryer basket.
Go ahead and put them onto a plate or platter and top with your favorite hot sauce. Whether it’s BBQ, Buffalo, teriyaki, queso dip…the options are endless!
Serve hot and enjoy!
💭 Top tip
No matter what type of air fryer you’re using, I always like to preheat my air fryer before you air fry chicken wings. This helps ensure that all pieces get cooked evenly and thoroughly.
🤯 Amazing low carb sauces for air fryer chicken wings
- BBQ Sauce
- Buffalo Sauce
- Teriyaki Sauce
- Green Chile Queso Dip
- Honey Garlic Glaze
- Sweet Chili Glaze
- Blue Cheese Dressing
- Ranch Dressing
- Lemon Poppy Seed
What’s your favorite dipping sauce?
🙋♂️ What should you serve with frozen chicken wings in the air fryer?
Making chicken wings is so easy, you’ll have time to make an awesome side dish!
1. Cauliflower Mash – A low-carb alternative to mashed potatoes, made with steamed cauliflower and spices like garlic or rosemary.
2. Asparagus Fries – Roasted in the air fryer or the oven, this flavorful side dish pairs nicely with fried chicken wings.
3. Brussels Sprouts Salad – Made from sautéed Brussels sprouts and topped with a light vinaigrette dressing for added flavor.
4. Zucchini Fritters – Perfectly crispy fritters made from zucchini can be served as a dip for your fried wings!
5. Kale Chips – Make this savory snack using kale leaves tossed in olive oil and sea salt then cooked in an air fryer until lightly crisped up!
6. Air Fryer Mushrooms – Tender mushrooms quickly cooked up to create a flavorful veggie side that goes great with chicken wings!
7. Broccoli Slaw (or Coleslaw!) – A healthy slaw made of shredded broccoli stems, carrots, red cabbage & onion dressed up with a creamy mayo-based dressing that adds a crunchy texture to the meal while still being low carb friendly!
8. Keto Celery Snacks – For more snacks for the big game, try out some keto-friendly celery sticks filled with cream cheese and topped off with olives, bacon bits & herbs!
🥣 How to store keto chicken wings in air fryer
Once your chicken wings are cooked, you can let them cool down and store them in an airtight container or sealed plastic bag in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. That is if you have any leftover chicken wings to store!
You can also freeze these for up to 2 months.
To reheat keto frozen chicken wings in air fryer, preheat it back to 390°F and cook for about 5-7 minutes or until heated through.
📋 More air fryer recipes
- Easy roasted air fryer radishes
- How to cook frozen burgers in an air fryer
- Keto air fryer chicken tenders
- Brats in air fryer: quick and easy!
- Keto mozzarella cheese sticks
- Air fryer boneless chicken thighs
👩🍳 It’s time to air fry some wings!
Making delicious, healthy meals for your family doesn’t have to be difficult! With this simple air fryer frozen chicken wings recipe you can make a tasty meal that is quick and easy. Who knew it was so easy to cook frozen wings in the air fryer?
Not only are these keto-friendly crispy chicken wings packed with flavor, but they’re also incredibly versatile – top them with whatever sauce or dip you like best!
Also, the leftover wings store nicely in the fridge or freezer so you can enjoy them another day. So don’t wait any longer, gather up those ingredients and get cooking today! Your family will thank you for it. Happy air frying everyone!
Pin the keto recipe here:
Printable recipe card
Frozen Chicken Wings in Air Fryer Recipe
Delight in tasty and crispy easy frozen wings cooked to perfection in the air fryer with just a few minutes of prep time! Enjoy the crunchy texture, enticing aroma, and lip-smacking flavor of these delicious keto low carb chicken wings!
- 1 lb frozen chicken wings
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder (or garlic granules)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat an air fryer to 390°F. Place the frozen chicken wings in an even layer flat down in the preheated air fryer basket.
- Cook for 10 minutes at 390°F to defrost the chicken wings.
- Carefully remove the defrosted wings from the basket and transfer them to a bowl to drain off any excess liquid that may have formed during cooking. Drain the air fryer also.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the smoked paprika, garlic powder (or granules), salt, and ground black pepper until combined. Drizzle the extra virgin olive oil over the spices and whisk until fully incorporated.
- Pour the spice mixture over the chicken wings and mix until evenly coated on all sides with the spices and oil mixture.
- Place the seasoned wings back into your air fryer basket in an even layer and cook for 10-15 minutes, or until they reach an internal temperature of 165°F when tested with a food thermometer inserted into the thickest part of each wing piece without touching bone or gristle.
- Remove your cooked chicken wings from the air fryer basket onto a plate or platter and coat with your favorite sauce such as BBQ sauce, buffalo sauce, or queso dip before serving hot!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1/4 pound chicken wings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 243Total Fat: 18gCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gProtein: 20g
*Nutrition Facts per MyFitnessPal.com. For the most accurate facts, calculate your own with the exact ingredients you use in the recipe.
Tag me in your recipe pics on Instagram @explorermomma.
If you LOVE air fryer recipes and these chicken wings please consider giving it a five-star rating in the review area below!
Please be aware I am not a medical specialist or nutritional professional. On this blog, I share recipes and what works for me. Please do not take anything on this blog as medical advice and always consult with your doctor before starting any diet or exercise program.
I use MyFitnessPal dot com to calculate nutrition facts as a courtesy to my readers, and I remove erythritol from the final carb count and net carb count because does not affect my own blood glucose levels.
This is as accurate as possible, but it’s best to independently calculate nutritional data on your own with the specific ingredients you use. I expressly disclaim any and all liability of any kind with respect to any act or omission wholly or in part in reliance on anything contained in this website.